GET EXCITED TO STEP UP FOR LINCOLN!
Friday, March 19, 2021 at 12:45pm
Lincoln’s 6th annual FUN RUN organized by our Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is back in a new way! Strap on your Lincoln School pedometer and join your class Google Meet for an energetic STEP UP to have fun and raise money for classroom supplies and upcoming math enrichment programs.
HOW THIS WILL WORK
All students will participate with their class (either from home or in the classroom) during the synchronous closing circle portion of the day. The event will include “go-noodle” style movement, motivating music and surprise virtual guests! Students should wear their Lincoln School pedometer so they can record the number of steps they take during the 5-minute STEP UP.
Our goal is to take 10,000 steps and raise $10,000 as a school so that all students can enjoy enrichment programs this spring, as well as provide stipends and classroom supplies for our amazing teachers who continue to adapt to the new learning models and technology challenges this year has brought. To meet our fundraising goal, we encourage each family to raise $50.
HOW TO FUNDRAISE
We are offering an easy, online fundraising platform called QGiv. Please go to https://secure.qgiv.com/event/LincolnStepUp/ to set up a fundraising page for your student(s). Your family and friends can make secure donations online. Cash and check donations will also be accepted, but we highly recommend using QGiv. Don’t forget to ask your employer to match your donation as well.
HOW TO REGISTER TO FUNDRAISE FOR THE STEP UP
2. Under the thermometer, click Register For This Event
3. Enter an email address to register as a fundraiser.
4. Join A Team – Select your student’s homeroom teacher. If you have more than one student at Lincoln in different grades/classrooms, you will need to register them each separately if you wish for them to fundraise as part of their own class team.
5. Personal Information – Enter your student’s first and last name and use the Lincoln School address: 80 West Wyoming Avenue, Melrose, MA 02176. (TIP: Use your student’s name here so your fundraising emails will be signed with your student’s name as the sender.)
6. After you complete registration, please select options to “Share Event.” You can share your fundraising page to Facebook or Twitter so that your friends and family will know they can support your Lincoln Lion. You can also send emails to friends and family to let them know about the Lincoln STEP UP and to ask for their help in reaching our fundraising goal. Select our existing email template to save time!
If you need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU TO OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS!
Terri Maffeo, LAER Realty Partners; Atlantic Masonry & Tile; Christopher Cinella, Edward Jones Financial Advisor; The Orton Group, RE/MAX Platinum; Wakefield Co-operative Bank